We’ve officially been working from home for almost five months and it’s weird to think that this might be our new norm. I’ve created a list of 14 things that I think are essential to working from home.
- Notebook | $4.99 – Since working from home I have been writing everything everywhere. I used to use sticky notes, but then I started losing them because I was writing so many. Having a notebook at your desk is a perfect place to write down anything you need and keep together. I really enjoy this notebook because it has a place for you to write the date and subject.
- Tumbler | $29.98 – Any tumbler works great, but I love having a tumbler throughout the day because it keeps my coffee perfect. Some days I like doing an iced latte and other days I like doing your typical cup of coffee. Whatever mood I’m in, I love the fact that my drink stays cold (or warm) throughout the day because I never finish my drink in a reasonable time.
- Paper Mate Flair Felt Tip Pens | $3.99 – I ABSOLUTELY LOVE these pens! They’re great for any work that you have to do. I love that as I’m working from home I can use the same pen for my planner, notebooks, and sticky notes. They don’t bleed through and last forever! These are the perfect pens to have while working from home!
- Blue Light Glasses | $15.99 – These aren’t just a fad, they’re actually extremely beneficial. I have my night shift setting turned on all my devices, but sometimes during the day my head starts to hurt from being on a computer so long. These are an essential for working from home!
- Apple AirPods | $129.00 – These are perfect for pretty much every activity. I love having AirPods, because they’re great for Zoom calls, working out, or just talking on the phone. I think they’re an essential need for working from home especially if you need to move around the house while on a call or you just want privacy.
- Phone/iPad Stand | $14.99 – At first I thought a phone stand was stupid and unnecessary, but the more I worked from home the more I realized I needed somewhere to put my phone or iPad. This stand is great, because it can be used for both and it has different levels.
- Long Phone Cords | $13.99 – If you don’t have one, I would definitely invest in long phone cords. These 10 ft. phone cords come in a pack of 2 and are perfect because I can plug in my iPad or phone without being so close to an outlet.
- To-Do List Sticky Pads | $4.99 – For all my people who love lists this one’s for you! I used to just make a to-do list on my phone but since working from home I realized how many to-do list I’ve been creating. This pad is perfect for your to-do lists, because it keeps all your to-do’s in one area.
- 32 oz Water Bottle with Time Markers | $16.99 – I used to drink water throughout the day all the time and I’ve noticed since being home I just forget about drinking water. I love having a water bottle with time markers, because it gives me a nudge that I need to drink more water!
- Dry Erase Weekly Planner | $19.99 – I love using a dry erase weekly planner, because it gives me a quick overview of my week without having to go look at my planner. It’s perfect when you work from home because it allows you to see the major things you have going on each week!
- Keurig K-Cafe & Syrups | $189.99 and $24.44 – This has been my saving grace since working from home! It has become a part of my morning ritual, even on the weekends (not to mention I have saved so much money). I highly suggest getting this Keurig, which also comes with a milk frother. I love that it fits every size cup and it also does cold brew, lattes, and cappuccinos. I would also highly suggest getting the syrups, I love them! It’s like having your own Starbucks (or Dunkin) at home.
- Multiple USB Ports | $18.99 – This is perfect to plug everything you need in. From your iPad, phone, AirPods, and USB Drives, this is an essential thing for your work from home station.
- Printer | $99.89 – This may sound like a no brainer, but having a printer has become (and always has been) an essential need for your work from home station!
- Laptop Stand | $32.99 – Talk about essential! In the beginning of working from home I was using my Constitutional Law book as a laptop stand which worked for a little bit, but my back was killing me. This laptop stand has become one of the best things I’ve bought since working from home.
While having all the essentials to work from home is great, that’s only half of the effort. Don’t forget to make sure you stay productive while working from home!
What are some of your work from home essentials?